Larissa Pahomov – Philadelphia, PA
English Teacher, 2008 – Present, Science Leadership Academy, Philadelphia, PA
- Teach 10th and 11th Grade English and Journalism elective
- Design and implement curriculum for all courses
- Serve as Alumni Coordinator, Community Events Co-coordinator, and Diversity Committee Member
- Recipient of the 2012 Lindback Distinguished Teaching Award
- National Board Certified Teacher (as of 2014)
Curriculum Developer, One Book One Philadelphia, 2008 – Present, The Free Library of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Develop teacher resource materials for the annual One Book selection, most recently Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- Present materials and facilitate discussion at professional development workshops
- Serve on the One Book selection committee
Fulbright Teaching Fellow, 2006-2007, Mittelschule am Wallgraben, Grimma, Germany
Cultural Programs Consultant, 2006-2007, United States Consulate, Leipzig, Germany
- Authentic Learning in the Digital Age. ASCD National Conference, March 2015.
- Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age. ASCD Webinar, November 20th, 2014.
- Future Ready Superintendent Summit. The White House, November 19th, 2014.
- Reading Writing Workshop Gone Digital. Educon 2.6, January 25th, 2014.
- Dialogic Discourse, Critical Awareness, and Identity: (Re)Inventing Approaches to Social Justice and the ELA Classroom. NCTE National Conference, November 2013.
- Creating the Ethic of Care. Educon 2.5, January 26th, 2013.
- Standards-Based Grading and Reporting at SLA. Educon 2.5, January 26th, 2013.
- Making Tech Meaningful. VAIS Technology Conference, March 30th, 2012.
- Amplifying Student Voice. EduCon 2.4, January 26th, 2012.
- Writing 2.0: Using Google Docs to Improve Student Writing. ISTE National Conference, June 2011.
- Making Tech Meaningful. Edcamp Philly, May 11, 2011.
- Teacher Voice and School Reform. Educon 2.3, January 30, 2011.
- “Accept, Reject, Dismantle: The Life of a Testing Coordinator.” Inside our Schools: Teachers on the Failure and Future of Education Reform. Harvard Educational Press, 2017.
- Authentic Learning in the Digital Age: Engaging Students Through Inquiry. ASCD, 2014.
- “Building a Collective Understanding of Prisons.” English Journal, issue 102.4, March 2013.
- “Bringing Traditional Essay Writing into the Digital World.” NWP Digital Is. July 2011.
Master of Science in Education, 2008, University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education, Philadelphia, PA
- Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate, Level II: Secondary English and German
Bachelor of Arts, 2005, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY.
- Major: English. Minors: German, Religion.