SLA Unit Plans
I am trying to do write-ups of each unit as they happen. Watch here for the appropriate links.
- Writing Analytically: 2Fer Essays
- Truth and Storytelling: The Things They Carried: Blog Write-up / Unit Plan Google Doc
National Writing Project Resources
NWP was kind enough to invite me to be a contributor to their Digital:Is website. So far I have written up a few assignments and units from SLA.
- “Bringing ‘Traditional’ Essay Writing into the Real World” – Designing a year-long writing assignment in Google Docs
- “Romantic Love is a Myth; or, How to Unpack a Genre” – Using literary and media theory to take a critical look at the romantic comedy
One Book One Philadelphia Teacher Resource Guides
The goal of One Book, One Philadelphia is to promote reading, literacy and libraries, and to encourage the entire greater Philadelphia area to come together through reading and discussing a single book.
Follow the links to all materials, hosted on the Free Library website.
- What Is The What by Dave Eggers (2008)
- The Soloist by Steve Lopez (2009)
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (2010)
- War Dances and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (2011)